Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Party

We had our Lady’s Christmas party last night at church and it was great! I am reminded again why it is so important to have a great Christian support system. I went last night to eat some good food and draw a name for secret Santa next year and left with so much more. In the Bible there is reference to an armor bearer. This person was not just some insignificant person. He was chosen to stand behind you and protect your back, repair your armor, and just basically prepare you for battle. This is what I learned…or was taught by a great speaker, that God never sends us anywhere or through anything alone! We have an armor bearer that is with us everyday, the Holy Spirit. I now that God is always with us. I learned that when I was two. But I didn’t really take to heart that the Lord loves me so much that HE would pick someone very special to “watch my back” and to help prepare me for all of life’s battles.
So as you can see it was much more than a Christmas party it was a moment that God used to help calm my heart and fears, and for that I want to say thank you!

No comments: